Thank you for your interest in listing your boat with West Yachts. Our brokers are experienced sailors and powerboaters who love boating, are knowledgeable about yacht values and are always professional and ethical. Buyers come to West Yachts because of our reputation for offering quality products and services; both before and after the sale closes.
By listing your boat with us, you will receive:
- An honest appraisal of your boat’s condition and value. We will also offer you valuable advice and assistance in getting your boat prepared for sale.
- A commitment from your broker and the company to actively promote your boat, locally and through our broker network.
- An invitation to moor your boat at our sales dock at reasonable moorage rates. West Yachts is located at the Cap Sante Marina in Anacortes, and receives high traffic from boat buyers. We have ample free, no-hassle parking.
- Promotion of your boat on our world-wide website, in Northwest boating publications, in our own publications, in our office displays, and during boat shows.
THE ROLE OF A BROKER
Our goal is to help you receive the highest dollar value for your boat in the least amount of time. Your West Yachts broker will:
- Conduct a market analysis of your boat and help you determine the best asking price.
- Suggest changes you might want to make in the appearance of your boat to make it even more appealing to a buyer.
- Immediately install signs, and, with your permission, a West Yachts lock on your boat to facilitate showings.
- Contact other brokers in the area and invite them to preview and show your boat.
- Create a professional marketing packet including detailed specification sheets, photographs and other information which highlights the attributes of your boat. Prospective buyers and brokers will use this to know your boat better. Our website’s accessibility permits your boat’s specifications to be downloaded, and examined at leisure, by a prospective buyer or fellow broker.
- Advertise your boat in the most widely distributed boating publications in the Northwest. Your boat will be completely represented on our website and within the world-wide multiple listing service we enjoy membership in, under the West Yachts section.
- Represent you when purchase agreements are delivered and mediate on your behalf during negotiations.
- Coordinate with the Marine Title Agency to process the appropriate paperwork to assure title and money are transferred appropriately.
- Communicate with you frequently to report on showings and to give you feedback from prospective buyers and other brokers who have seen your boat.
- Respond to your concerns and provide all the information you need to make decisions on the sale of your boat.